Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Last Night in Zhuhai

Photobucket
Time is coming to pack ship and dredge the last particles into the catch. One full day of Zhuhai left, we'll see what happens, but tonight has been the capper to a mad vacation. As with any celebration, go carts. With some lovely people I might add. This is what I will miss most about China, the (hopefully) endearing friendships I've grown fond of, Gary and George, Iping, Haos, Liza, Laura, Orpheus, Stephanie, Fitz, and all the Chinese girls (and boys) who wanted to get with me just because of my skin color.
A classic start of Dynamics Pizza followed by Gongbei go carting, and then a feast of ebai woo shur kwai (that's expensive) bbq that had some first timers on the menu. These included 'quail fetus' (baby chicken), silk worms, chicken kneecaps, a fish that was both delicious and looked like a piranha, and the regular beans and fried tofu.
I took a dead of night stroll to capture some of the more beautiful depictions of the stark emptiness that befalls anywhere in China after 12am. Once this hour strikes there are only gansters and fisherman walking about, making a living/killing. Only kidding, China is one of the safest places around. For foreigners.
I am starting to get excited to go home. Once I find a job (I've been looking in some interesting places) I'll have the security that is so easily found here. I have a wonderful relationship that I am proud of to return to and another summer of new adventures. My life is beginning to feel like it has meaning and direction, so Bon Voyage everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment