Monday, December 28, 2009

End of the Year

Photobucket

Christmas rolled along nicely. Woke up to a breakfast of eggs, french toast, and bacon, before opening presents from the girls. Gifts included a Dizi (chinese flute), crystal, fossil, and a magical bean seed that has a cool design imprinted into it as it grows. Off to work for an hour, before coming home to relax. Today was the foggiest day since I arrived, making this indeed a white Christmas. I couldn't see the water, and only barely could I make out the life as it passed by below on the street. In the evening, we took a taxi to the Holiday Inn to feast on numerous delicious dishes, including turkey and stuffing. Didn't win in the raffle, though.

It's been sporadically rainy and cold, and sunny and warm. Christmas Eve I spent at the beach getting a little bit darker (although I still haven't made it into the ocean. I keep hearing bad things about it) My hair is growing quite long, and I refuse to cut it until I get back to Canada. Weekend Class exams begin the weekend after next (upcoming weekend we have off) and then a final class, before the real vacation begins.

Really hope to make it out to Jilin next weekend. Cheap, and beautiful, I'm told.
Looking forward to my Canadian arrival.

Waking up to an eerie Christmas morning...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment