Thursday, November 19, 2009

Astrology Mountain

Photobucket
Made a trip to another, smaller mountain today, that I like to call Astrology Mountain (Makes it sound like wizards are involved). Steep paths rise and twist up the front of it, periodically sporting larger-than-life-sized members of the Chinese Zodiac. Accompanied alongside are blurbs that tell of lucky numbers and fortunes for the reader... in Chinese. Good thing I don't believe in luck.
In the distance you can see a radio antennae atop the tallest peak. That's where I climbed two days ago, listed in the previous post.

The view looking southwest, to Macao:
Photobucket

The chinese call the giant boulders that sit atop these small mountains 'rocks from the sky'. They must have small imaginations...
Photobucket

Looking north: (my apartment is just beyond what you can see in the photo)
Photobucket

Photobucket

As I write this I sit with my lap top warming my feet with its acidic warmth, as this apartment has no heater, nor do any buildings in Zhuhai, that I know about. Luckily I am Ukranian, and I take my garlic pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment