Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

The rare time Halloween falls on a Saturday, and I have to get up at six the next morning. TPR (where I work) put on a small get together for teachers and students after work, and I went with Heather and Kristen. I was the Chinese version of Freddy Krueger (can you spot why...?) and the girls went as boys.
Photobucket

According to media reports, there were upwards of 1500 people in Ninxi Square, but I think they were counting the whole block. There were many people, as with all Chinese functions, cultural music, and even a guest spot performance by the ghost of Michael Jackson. A pop band, but I think they were lip-synching, and 14, sang a suggestive song in english.
Photobucket

Someone told this little boy that Spiderman wore make up, snowflakes, and carried a wand.
Photobucket

My teacher's assistant is on the right, in Egyptian.
Photobucket

Gathered for beer, we scared some locals on what must have been their first Halloween.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment