Monday, November 9, 2009

Hazey sunset on the canal
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's the view from a pedestrian walkway. They're monolithic circles that probably take more time than they're worth to climb up to cross the street.

Took a walk by the canal, for the first time. I saw billions of little white fish getting pulled out toward the ocean, and into this fisherman's net.
Photobucket
The fish would jump every few seconds, skim the top of the water, and try to swim upstream. There were so many fish; the entire canal held one every two inches.

I tried walking toward the mountains, but found a waste sewage plant, and an unhappy guard at an apartment. I think if I'm to gain access I must talk to the locals. I did find, however, some fully grown pitcher plants for sale, similar to the venus fly trap in terms of carnivorousness. Today I plan to buy one.

Ginger root has really taken off. It's fresh enough to propagate it here, unlike anywhere in Canada.
Photobucket

Here is an exotic looking bird.
Photobucket

And one of the thousands of herons that flock near the water.
Photobucket

If you can believe it, a local fisherman was pulled into the water by an alligator earlier this week.
Photobucket

This was all that remained.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment